GTN-H Coordinating Panel
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the GTN-H Coordinating Group is to carry out the work necessary to establish and foster the development of the GTN-H observing system. The GTN-H can be defined as a global hydrological network for climate that builds on existing networks and data centres, producing value-added products through enhanced communications and shared development.
The GTN-H Coordinating Group is accountable to TOPC.
The main responsibilities of the GTN-H Coordinating Group include:
- The definition of the GTN-H system and its components. This will need to be refined as the system evolves.
- The routine assessment and documentation of user requirements for GTN-H global and regional data products, and of the availability and adequacy of GTN-H products to meet these needs.
- The use and sharing of current and emerging technology and standards, best practices and available infrastructure to foster the development of the GTN-H.
- Participation in the development and maintenance of global-scale data products.
- Engagement of other partners and use of existing institutional arrangements, infrastructure and policies to help build the GTN-H.
- The use of communication and outreach methods to maximize support and collaboration for the GTN-H.
|Member||GRDC||Ulrich Looser||BfG, WMO|
|Member||GPCC||Andreas Becker||DWD, WMO|
|Member||GEMS/Water||Philipp Saile||ICWRGC,BfG, UN Environment|
|Member||ISMN||Wouter Dorigo||TU Vienna, ESA|